Previously, most internet marketers focused mainly on optimising their web pages in English. In today’s highly globalized economy though, overlooking the boundless opportunities in other markets can be a fatal mistake. Multilingual SEO is a great way to target new markets because it effectively speaks to your target audience in their own language using local idioms.
There are many benefits associated with multilingual SEO, among them are the following:
Expand Your Business
Help your business reach its full potential with multilingual SEO. If your website is not yet available in other languages, make an effort to do it as soon as possible. It will enable your business to gain an international reach. Take note that real value comes from effectively reaching the target market with content that is readily accepted and understood.
Whenever possible, get a native speaker to translate your English website. That way, you can ensure that the content is both grammatically correct and culturally relevant.
Speak Your Client’s Language
Language is personal. Even people who speak fluent English would sometimes prefer to search in their native language. They inevitably trust websites that speak their local dialect and know their idioms. It is important to take note that multilingual SEO does not always mean translating English to another language; it can also mean localizing English to the local market. For example, “cell phone” in the United States is referred to as “mobile” in Britain, “GSM” in Belgium, and “Portable” in France.
Tips in Choosing a Multilingual SEO Firm
Right now, you can easily find a company that offers multilingual SEO. While most of them can translate and optimise your website in different languages, remember that not all of them can provide tangible results. Below are some expectations you should have in choosing a multilingual SEO company.
• Linguistic Keyword Research – before implementing a multilingual SEO strategy, the firm you hire should be able to conduct thorough research to identity phrases that best fit your target market.
• Experience – a lot of multilingual SEO firms are popping up on the internet. However, some of them provide poor quality results. Look into their portfolio, background, and expertise before hiring. It is also a good idea to browse for available feedback about them.
• Multilingual Website Management and QA – determine if the company you choose will provide ongoing support after the initial multilingual SEO strategy has been implemented. It is important to hire a firm that monitors your website ranking continuously so you can maintain your position.
• Customer Service – the customer service provided by the multilingual SEO form is an important consideration as well. The staff needs to be prompt, accurate, and sensitive to your needs. In addition, the service provided should be customized according to your business needs and goals.
• Affordability – select a multilingual SEO firm that best fits your budget. It should be noted that the initial cost might be high especially if the firm employs native speakers only. Conduct a cost/benefit analysis and decide if the benefits outweigh the expenses involved.