Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) strategies make it easier for your audience to locate you on the internet. Similarly, Social Media Optimisation helps you increase your outreach with the help of various social media platforms and forums. By engaging with your customers online, you can easily gain access to a number of related individuals. In many cases, these individuals will be more receptive to your products and services because of a shared contact than if you were to approach them unsolicited.
To improve your SMO, you will need to:
- Network by reaching out to your audience on social media networks and initiating the relationship
- Keep adding fresh content, pictures, videos and other media for your audience to share
- Place share buttons for each of your active social media sites so that your audience finds it easier to share content
- Target key phrases and keywords and use them in your content organically
- Ensure that your social media profiles are complete in all aspects and appear professional and reliable
- Utilise analytic tools to monitor the behaviour of your visitors to understand the features that they find appealing and those that require changing
- Build your reputation as a reliable and qualified source in the domain and become a notable authority in your field of expertise and,
- Use calls to action to lead your audience back to your website with the help of giveaways, teasers, free whitepaper reports etc.